Choosing Adventure

...because horizons aren't static.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Instant replay

Fast internet time--Florence in expensive.

Update:
At last posting I was choosing between Venice and Munich. I chose Venice. On the night train from Vienna to Venice, I met a German and an Irishman travelling.They hosted a couchette party at the end of which I had decided to travel with them for a few days. We hit Venice train station feeling no inclination to join the tourist hordes. So we headed west to Desenzano on Lago di Garda. Simply put, we hopped off the train at paradise and found a campsite (they had a tent). For the next two days we did nothing but sleep, eat, sunbathe, swim, lounge on the lakeshore, nap, and eat some more. It was the perfect holiday from the holiday. No sightseeing (I will have enough of that during this leg of my journey), no schedules, and no worries (except that we might not be able to pull ourselves away).

We did leave paradise, though, after an early morning adventure involving some mafiosa-style nighclub owers. Everything turned out fine for the guys (it was them in the heat, not me) and we railed to Venice with very little sleep. Four hours of getting lost in Venice was enough for my travel mates but not for me, so we parted ways and I searched for a place to sleep. I found a fantastic campsite that gave me a private camper for a great price.

I spent today soaking in Venice, a city decaying with elegance. I also discovered (or finally admitted to myself) that I have a gelato addiction. I am perfectly content to spent my lunch money on two scoops of heaven.

Now Im in Florence and I can already tell this is going to be an enjoyable stay. I have a big day of siteseeing tomorrow, and I probably wont be able to fit it all in, so I wouldnt be surprised if I stayed here till monday.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home