Choosing Adventure

...because horizons aren't static.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Perfect Praha (Prague)

Following an all-nighter in Berlin (didn't pay for room Sunday night!) I missed my 7:40 am train to Prague because I was asleep on the train station bench. I wish I had a picture of that! No hassle, I actually slept long enough to only wait 20 minutes for the 9:40 train. Monday in Prague (after a nap) was spent getting as lost as possible with my Chilean roommate, Danni. With the intention of walking 15 minutes to a nearby subway station we found ourselves sightseeing for two hours. He, like me, is of the belief that if a goal or plan isn't working, simply change it to what is working...like saying "I'm exploring" instead of "I am completely and utterly lost." So we explored and found Olga. Ogla is a ravishing Russian woman of 24 who had become separated from her tour group and was fending off the pursuits of local street urchins. She spoke very little english but after 15 minutes or so of jerky conversation agreed to grab a drink with us. We closed down a sidewalk cafe/bar discussing travel, art, and 80s music. Before retiring ourselves, Danni and I ensured Olga's safe return to her hotel--which was in what appeared to be in a district of Praha that is anything but safe.

My hostel bed is an asymmetrical arrangement of springs wrapped in fabric.

Tuesday: wake. eat. tour old town with Danni. separate with plan to meet again in two hours. get lost and miss 4 pm meeting. spend next three hours attempting to beat national Czech average for beer consumption (80 gallons per person per year, I don't know if it's correct, but it makes for a goal of a bit under a gallon over four days). The beer here is phenomenal and at posting I have more than held up my end of the bargain. Prost, Praha!

Tuesday night: watch football at dance bar with another traveler. He finds a(nother) Russian girl (Julia) who doesn't speak english. Somehow, someway, we hit it off and stay out till the sun comes up. Ha! Now I have a Russian girlfriend who doesn't speak english in Praha.

Wednesday: I'm adopted for the day by a group of five californian/danish soccer players. Tour main city sites in a pack till game time. Instead of hitting the town with them at night, I opt for a romantic tour of this romantic city with Julia.

Presently: Overheating in expensive internet cafe. Time to logout.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger tree said...

russian women: strong and hot.

man! you're living the high life! just be careful. they often times have russian boyfriends not far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home